Thursday, July 10, 2008

Traveling in Big Cities

I am very lucky to be with two girls, Christine and Beth, who are experienced travelers and are very good with directions and maps because I am definitely not! I just follow them, well they tell me where to go and I am usually ahead of them since I walk so fast (yup just like you mom :). We are getting pretty good at getting where we need to on the tube, train, and bus then back to our flat. I actually love the tube and find the people on it so interesting. Today we met a man that was very friendly and was nice enough to take our picture even though I didn't have support from others about having our picture taken on the tube. We had a lecture at the Oxford University Press about the Oxford English Dictionary which was quite interesting even though I didn't love it as much as Christine because she wants to work there. So far we have been busy with sites and getting settled so we haven't explored the city above ground much but tomorrow is the day. Christine's friend Kim got into town tonight and so tomorrow we are taking on London on a search for Musical Tickets!

3 comments:

sarah said...

Looks like a fun group. Can you tell us who everyone is in the picture? So Christine loves the dictionary, huh? I knew she was just as much of a nerd as the rest of us!

Annee said...

Is Kim part of this study abroad program? Or is she just in London this summer? Sounds like a great experience.

Christine said...

No, Kim's in Ireland doing an internship, that's why we saw her in Dublin, then she's just coming to visit for the weekend.

In the picture is Dena, Hannah, Rachel, Hillary and Beth. We don't know how to do captions on pictures yet, sorry.