Thursday, July 31, 2008

Paris, Je T'Adore!


Sorry we've been missing for a few days, but it's been busy around here. It's coming down to our last days in London which is so sad, it seriously feels like we've hardly been here at all. We've got a list of things that we're racing around to get to for the first time or get back to for another visit. Time seriously flies when you're having the time of your life!

This past weekend Hillary and I hopped over to Paris with her step mom and grandma. I love Paris! Hillary has been trying to figure out why I love Paris so much, and I've realized that it's just a familiarity thing. I feel comfortable there and as if I know the streets and the areas. It's fun to walk around and have random memories come back to me from when I was little and all the various trips I've taken there. I'm not sure if I instilled my love of Paris into Hillary, I'll let her give her view of the trip. But I had a fabulous time walking around Luxemberg Gardens and Tuillerie Gardens, Notre Dame and the Latin Quarter, the Louvre, the Arc de Triomphe, and the wonderful streets of Paris and remembering what it is about the city that makes me love it so much! Thanks a million to Kelly and Carole, you guys made the trip amazing and I can't thank you enough for everything you did for us!!

Sitting outside Notre Dame.

Walking through Marie Antoinette's domain at Versailles.Tuillerie Gardens outside the Louvre.










These are for Rachel. We stayed around the corner from your favorite umbrella shop and walked past the wedding dress shop you like.

1 comment:

sarah said...

that's so cool you've been there so much to have that sense of familiarity. mom should feel very successful to have instilled that so well. sounds like a great time.