Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tower of London and The London Bridge


There are just things you have to see when you are in London and two of them are the Tower of London and the London Bridge. Today was the day, so we set out on our adventure. I wasn't too excited, especially because I wasn't feeling well but I thought I'll do what I am suppose to and take pictures at these two famous sites. To my amazement, which happens most of the time when I don't think sites are going to be exciting, it turned out to be interesting and quite fascinating. At the Tower of London I got to see the Crown Jewels which included a 530 carat diamond, learn that there use to be a zoo in the Tower of London because kings and queens would give exotic animals as gifts such as polar bears, learn of executions and prisoners, and see where people such as Anne Boleyn are buried. Our tour guide was a bit silly, sometimes mean but informative. The London Bridge is also a neat site with such great detail having gold and blue trim. It was a tiring day since it was so warm out but it's definitely a nice change from the rain and cloudy skies. Yet another wonderful day in London!

No comments: