Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Simple Things of London

Here are some of the little, day to day happenings in London that are easily skipped over when talking about our grand adventures... Having some slices of heaven at Cafe Milan, one of our favorite finds here, cheap... well cheaper and delicious. They know us there and last time when we were paying he said don't leave yet! To save money we go grocery shopping at the local store called Sainsbury and let me tell you, it's hard work. The first time we went we had a difficult time carrying everything, we had to stop and reorganize every few steps but now we have it down. Mom you would be proud, we look for good deals, thanks to Beth and we eat our veggies, thanks to Christine. Walking to our little flat called home from the tube on our posh street, Queen's Gate Terrace and let me tell you it's posh, 5,000 pound fine for noise past 11pm.Nando's, a restaurant Beth showed us last night that is amazingly delicious and don't forget the unlimited, refill yourself Diet Coke with ice!!! (That is a rarity here, for some reason refills and cold drinks are unheard of.) The underground tube is our main source of transportation and even though at first it was overwhelming to me, if I do have to say so myself, I am catching on quite nicely. Even though it smells pretty bad during rush hour and can get really crowded , it is an easy, great way to get around the hussle and bussle of the city. I might even miss the little old thing. (Christine just told me the tube has been open since 1860, it really is old but not little at all.)

I just realized today that we only have a week and a half left in our flats. Time flies when you are having the time of your life! I sure am going to miss the simple little things of life in London.

1 comment:

Rachel F. said...

You guys are doing such a great job recording everything! I need to do a good full day post where I record the things I do each day that don't usually seem picture worthy. I can't believe you only have 1.5 weeks left! How did this happen.. See you soon!