Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Castles and More


Christine was right the Ireland Castle was nothing compared to what Germany has to offer. My favorite castle so far was fascinating to me because the royal family still lives in it today. There are 214 rooms in the whole castle and 14 of them are a museum while the other 200 are occupied by the royal family with their three children. Although the father and mother have the title count and countess, the children are prince and princesses. Our tour guide was a young guy who made the tour very entertaining and informative. I hope to be able to see as many refer to it the "Sleeping Beauty" Castle, Neuschwanstein Castle, even though I know it was built by a crazy man and wasn't a realistic castle of the time of the other castles. Moving on to Ireland, like Christine said it is beautiful. It reminds me a lot of the central coast of California where my mom lives, Big Sur.
I love all the animals and the sheep dogs are so talented and cute. Also it was so nice to smell the ocean air again, it felt like home. One of the best parts of our day today was when we were standing getting ready to get on the bus and there was a little bit of traffic since the roads are so small and a herd of sheep was coming down the road with a girl on a 4 wheeler in the front and a man with his cane and sheep dog in the back. When the sheep saw the huge bus coming towards them they tried to run but the dog was right on them to keep them in line and herded them around the bus to safety. It was so silly seeing sheep on the road with cars but also amazing to see the sheep dogs at work. What more could you want... animals, ocean, and cute cottages. I should move here! (actually Christine and I saw house prices and it's kinda pricey, so maybe not)

5 comments:

Kelsea K said...

i love you guys and i love you blog! i wish i was there with you!
~ Kelsea K.

Lindsay Wells said...

you guys are funny and i miss you. -hillary, im glad your favorite part of seeing that german castle was the royal dog. that made me miss you even moreeee.

DAD said...

Every Princess deserves a Castle
I love you and miss you Hilly Bean
Love Dad
Kiss Kiss

Lauren said...

Girls,

You are adorable, way to keep your blog updated! You will be happy you did. Hope you have fun in London!

Lauren

PS - Hillary I'm sorry that picture I took of you at the castle is crooked! :)

Melis said...

Max and I think that you look a lot like your animal friend. What a popular blog! We just had Zupas... jealous?