Monday, July 14, 2008

One Fabulous First Week

We have been in London for a full week and are settling in quite nicely, we even call it "our little home". Class is going well since our professor is making a point to allow our lectures to include information about sites we have seen and discussions of our London adventures. After class we had a bit of lunch and then I went out for an adventure on my own. Beth and Christine were a little nervous for me with my lack of map skills and good direction but I felt confident. I put my ipod on and walked at my own quick pace to the tube station, jumped on the tube (rocking out in my head to Michael Buble), got off at the correct stop and explored some shops downtown. It was a nice little trip out but I prefer to have the company of others. After I got back Christine, Beth and I went to the British Library which to our surprise was closed to the public right before we got there. We did enjoy a cultural show performed by people from India telling a story through music and dance right in front of the library. I found it very entertaining and silly at times. (Hopefully Christine will be able to put a video of it up soon but for now here is a picture. It doesn't do justice for the performance.) We had a little bit more time before we needed to get to the theater for our Wicked tickets so we went to see the famous platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross form Harry Potter. I'm not a big Harry Potter fan so I didn't really get all the hype about it, but I took a picture with my first impressions. It was then time to get to the theater for Wicked. I saw it in New York a few years ago but was excited to see it again. I loved every bit of it! We were pretty close so it was fascinating to see the facial expressions and costumes with such clarity. The music is fabulous, especially the song Popular since it always reminds me of the McCleary girls. To end our day we ran to the grocery store to stock up on food since we go through it so fast, thank goodness we didn't need to get as much, so our trip home was much lighter. To top off another amazing day in London, the weather was beautiful with sunny skies. Oh how I love this town!

3 comments:

Annee said...

Wicked?! You've got a sweet life.

sarah said...

No kidding. I'm jealous.

DAD said...

Life is WONDERFUL huh !
I wish I was there to see your Beauthiful smiling face every time your experience something new.,
and there is still PARIS !
Kelly and Grandma Carole are looking forward to seeing you and Christine there.
Love you ,
Dad
KISS KISS