Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Germany!

How long does it take to get over jet lag??? Christine and I just finished our first week in Europe, staying with her family in Germany and it was a perfect way to start my adventure of Europe. The Zackrisons were nothing but welcoming and generous, thank you for everything! One of my first nights we went to an authentic German restaurant and people aren't kidding when they say Germans love their meat and potatoes. We also had the chance to be there for the Euro Cup, which is quite a big deal in Europe. We were out to dinner the night Germany won against Turkey and I couldn't believe the celebration that took place after, horns honking, people yelling, and the traffic was crazy with people running around their cars, painted in red, black, and yellow. I also had the chance to take a boat down the Rhine River which had a beautiful view of many castles. Did you know you can buy a castle for only 1 Euro? Then we went to a couple of other towns to see castles that we toured which was probably my favorite part. One of the castles still has the royal family living in it today and I saw the royal dog! We didn't sleep last night and now we are at the airport in Shannon, Ireland waiting for our group which should start arriving in the next few hours. Christine is sleeping over on the airport bench and I think I am going to go join her. Bye for now!

No comments: