Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Goodbye England, We Will Miss You!

We finished our tour around the UK and that means we are done with our study abroad of England. I was sad to leave this beautiful country but I have already promised myself I will return someday, hopefully sooner than later. As for our coach tour, I am glad we are done. We stayed in Cardiff, Wales- Liverpool, England- Ambleside, Lake District, England- Edinburgh, Scotland- Yorkshire, England- Stratford Upon Avon, England and then back to London! Sleeping in a different hostel every night, eating at rest stops, being in a different city every few hours, paying for internet, never feeling like your surroundings are clean especially the bathrooms, getting car sick, it all gets very old so needless to say it was a long week. Although it was tiring, I did have some favorite parts of the trip around the UK. In no particular order...


I have learned to love crepes, before I wasn't too sure but Christine has shown me the ways of crepes and now I definitely crave them a little too often. I can't wait to get back to Provo and make them all the time.


At the Warick Castle in Stratford-on-Avon we met a family that was so sweet to let us take our picture with them. This place was a lot of fun and I highly recommend it, there's so much to do and learn about!


The Lake District in Northern England is beautiful and has cute little villages, one of my favorites was Hawkshead where Beatrix Potter is from. We took a walk down to the lake and bought duck food to feed the friendly ducks.









We saw a lot of ruins through out our trip and although many are interesting, at times they do get old so we decided to liven them up.




We had many more adventures on this coach trip but those were a few highlights. Most importantly this was our group, take a good look at our director, he is a character.
Tomorrow we pack up again and are off to Greece and Italy, our next adventure starts on the island of Santorini!

3 comments:

Bryce & Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryce & Nicole said...

It looks like you two have had so much fun! I want to hear all about it! Hill call me when you get to provo. I miss you and hope we can get together soon! It's been way too long and we always say this. Be safe in your travels home and to utah.

sarah said...

I can't believe you almost didn't like crepes. That's almost blasphemy.